Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Decade (sort-of) of Travels Part ii

Part two of my decade of travels!

2007: My family took a cruise to the Virgin Islands. I didn't really remember any photos that I liked a lot, but when I went back through each island, I found quite a few I like. I do this a lot. I go back through photos and discover ones I didn't like before, but like now. Some of these are new finds, and some are older. I'm pretty sure I liked most of these this time around because I am currently FREEZING and want to go on a tropical vacation :)


Barbados 2007 


St. Lucia 2007


St. Lucia 2007


Antigua 2007


Antigua 2007


Antigua 2007


Puerto Rico 2007

2008: Wyoming
When we went to Maine in 2007, we had a goal in mind: We wanted to see some moose! Why you may ask? Because along with amphibians and reptiles, I love moose (mooses? meece?) Ok, really I just love all animals! But for some reason moose kind of fascinate me. They also terrify me. Anyways, we planned a trip for Wyoming and we got to see a TON of moose. Very exciting ;).

My family often hates me during vacations. A vacation is not complete for me until I drag myself up at least once before the sun rises in order to get great lighting. As it turns out, we saw a lot of wild life in the mornings and didn't have to fight with any crowds. If you want photos that don't look like everyone else's, get up early and get out during good light! Sunset is a great time as well, but don't always focus on just the sunset; take a look around at what the setting sun does to all the scenery. 


Grand Tetons 2008--taken right as the sun came up


This one was taken closer to sunset.


When in doubt, moose always get the right of way.




No comments:

Post a Comment