Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Baby Photography Changes for 2012



Let's give this blog a try :) I have some major changes coming in 2012. I figured the easiest way to convey them would be to "Blog" about it!

The first major change I want to talk about is Baby Photography. As you all know, I am new to owning a studio. Due to the extreme cost of business set up, I have been gradually adding new stuff each year. It's an ongoing process! 2012 is the year of BABIES. I love babies, and I want to photograph them the best I possibly can. Different people have different expectations of what they want out of their baby's photographer. Some people want to just come in for a quick, easy session, get the shots they need, and be on their way. There is NOTHING wrong with that.

This year, I am making a significant investment in baby props, backgrounds, posing tools, etc. I don't think it is fair to jack up all of my prices to accommodate for these new props, because as I mentioned before, some people just want simple. This is the reason I have decided to not change my existing sessions fee, but rather add a new option.

Standard Baby Session:
This is basically what I've been offering all along; black, white or brown background, between 20-25 shots, some close ups, some full length, and some 3/4 length. You may bring in a few of your own props and 1-2 outfit changes. This session is all about baby, not about fancy, artistic type shots. Nothing is changing about the price of the session, it holds steady at $30.00. This session gets you 30-45 minutes of session time. Because there are now two options available, that time frame will be strict.

Baby Art Photography
This is going to be a much more extensive session. This will be your opportunity to not only have photos all about your baby, but also to get some artistic shots. We will take advantage of both natural light and artificial studio light. You will get close ups of feet, hands, eyes, lips and belly button to be created in an artistic collage. We will use a variety of unique props (still focusing on baby) and backgrounds. You will also have the opportunity to get some artistic photos of you with your baby.

This session will last as long as it takes. Sometimes babies require feedings in the middle of sessions, sometimes they need time to acclimate and ease into their surroundings. This is a very laid back session which will allow time for all of that. You will also have the opportunity to set up a consultation so we can determine exactly what you want out of your photos. Because of the added time, added use of props/backgrounds, and added amount of final images, this session is $100.00 flat session fee. As with all sessions in 2012, you will get a free proofbook of ALL images with $50.00 print deposit. Session fee does not count towards deposit.

No comments:

Post a Comment